Officer – MIS at ActionAid Bangladesh
ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Officer – MIS.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Officer – MIS
|Project||:||‘Strengthening Gender-based Violence (GBV) prevention services though OCCs at District and Upazila level and enhancing lifesaving response for women and girls through an integrated GBV and A/SRHR approach in the natural disaster-prone areas of Bangladesh’ project, (funded by UNFPA)|
|Location of posting||:||Cox’s Bazar|
|Duration of Contract||:||Up to 31 December 2022 (possibility of extension depending on donor fund)|
|Number of positions||:||01 (Women are encouraged to apply)|
This position is responsible for maintaining, strengthening, leading, and managing the data collection and monitoring and evaluation functions for the One-Stop Crisis Centre in Cox’s Bazar, CC program, including providing training to all OCC staffs on ethical and safe data collection and management to fulfil reporting requirements to Donor. This position will also coordinate and execute Monitoring and Evaluation required for the programme, including provided information for donor reporting and other products that engage in evidence-based, critical analysis to improve programming throughout the project cycle.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Develop MIS process improvements for increased efficiency.
- Ensure the integrity of the Project participants information by implementing security
- Measures to be adhered to by all users within the organization
- Provide necessary support for senior management on requirements and timing for additional data entry support.
- Conduct regular field visit and follow OCC activities to support and minimize gaps among Projects
- Design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, questions are simple, clear, collectable and easily analyzed highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for reporting.
- Engage in analyses of data to ensure readily available information on known trends and patterns on GBV for inclusion at relevant points.
- Train, mentor and support project for ethical and safe data collection, data storage and analysis and Information Sharing Protocol.
Reporting/ documentations and sharing
- Ensure that project progress reports and project work plans are prepared in a timely manner, and that effective technical assistance is provided, particularly when sharing the relevant information with donors.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative weekly reports, monthly reports, Situational Reports, Progress Reports, and Program presentations as a member of project team and share based on the permission of the authorities.
Officer- MIS will report to Project Manager.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- University Graduate, preferably in statistics/social sciences/development studies/relevant subject with academic and professional credibility
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on data entry, analysis, software-based MIS reporting. Working with GBV prevention & response, experience to work with community people specially with women is preferable.
- Good communication and reporting skills (oral and written) in both Bangla and English
- Excellent team player, analytical and time management.
- MS Office packages including spreadsheet. Access and SPSS as added advantage.
- Good Understanding and Experience in providing GBV / protection.
- Training facilitation and interpersonal skills
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Wednesday, 13 April 2022
- Please click here to submit your application.
Job Source: ActionAid Career
Job Category: NGO Jobs