Programme Officer at ActionAid Bangladesh
ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Finance & Admin Officer.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
|Unit||:||Local Rights Programme (LRP)|
|Location of posting||:||Shyamnagor, Satkhira (LRP – 54)|
|Types of contract||:||Fixed term contract|
|Duration of Contract||:||Up to 31 December 2022 (if not extended)|
|Number of Position||:||01 (One)|
|Salary and benefits||:||Monthly Gross Salary will be BDT. 25,000 with other admissible benefits such as festival bonus, mobile allowance and group life insurance etc|
The Programme Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the project activities in the LRP-54 working area at Shyamnagor upazila under Satkhira district. S/he will be responsible for planning, budgeting, implementing of the LRP-54 project activities under supervision of Programme Manager. S/he will implement LRP-54 activities and report to supervisor the day-to-day progress. Organize different events as per guidance of Programme Manager and collect the evidence, case stories, keeping records of accomplished activities. S/he will represent the project as well as AAB to different levels of stakeholders/organizations.
S/he will be responsible contribute to ensure the collection of quality communication materials from individual children and communities within the deadline. As part of maintaining global Child Sponsorship (CS) data-system, known as SK Database, s/he is accountable for inputting required data in time. S/He is also responsible for preparing CS reports as per the guided format from children and programme participants. S/He also supervise different groups, i.e Community Journalist Group (CJG), Child Forum and activities of Child Space, Youth Groups, RAC, Women groups, adolescent group. Apart from this, s/he will take care of community mobilisation & sensitization to understand rights, facilitate the process of rights claim and develop linkage between Rights holders and service providers.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
Planning, budgeting and implementing the project activities.
- Prepare planning matrix and budget for LRP-54 by conducting PRRP
- Involve community specially women and young people in LRP programme and implement accordingly the LRP-54 activities.
- Assist to supervisor to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress report of LRP activities.
- Organize staff coordination and progress meeting.
- Collect project accomplished related evidence like photos, video clips, case stories and keeping attendance sheets, master rolls, event reports etc.
- Implement the systems to monitor the quality of child messages and photographs consulting with the sponsorship unit of AAB.
- Organize the community people specially women and young peoples for social movement, advocacy with service providers and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate the HRBA process to community groups, young groups, RAC to develop their Community Action Plan (CAP) and claim the community rights.
- Supervise the field staff and provide guidance to implement LRP-54 planned activities.
Child Sponsorship Management and Reporting
- Prepare Child Sponsorship budget conducting PRRP and considering the Sponsorship guideline.
- Collect periodic Child Massage (CM) of individual children on prescribed CM form and ensure quality of field worker update.
- Keeping CM soft copy and send CM pack to ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB) office in due time.
- Response the Supporter’s letter and photo to ensure the safeguarding and sponsorship policy.
- Identify the child drop out and share to AAB immediately with proper reason and action.
- Conduct community sensitization and child focused fun activities for children.
- Collection yearly individual child’s photo maintaining sponsorship guideline.
- Collect new child profiles as per the requirement of global CS database
- Update the MIS system bimonthly through incorporating child’s update data and share to AAB.
Operation the Child Space, Child Forum, youth forum, RAC, and Community Journalist Group (CJG)
- Formation different community groups like RAC, CJG, Child Forum, Youth groups and support to develop the yearly action plan of groups.
- Develop the session plan for Facilitators considering the needs of groups members and support to Facilitators for facilitating group session.
- Taking initiative for community sensitizing about LRP programme, sponsorship objectives among the group members, parents and local stakeholders.
- Identify the facilitators gaps and recommend providing necessary skill development training for ensuring effective group operation and facilitation.
- Organize and conduct monthly/quarterly meeting of RAC, CJG, Child Forum, youth group and follow up the progress of group action plan and involvement in LRP programme.
- Build the good linkage between different groups and service providers of GO/NGOs.
- Support groups to take initiative for community mobilization, conduct social movement for claiming community rights.
- Acting as editor of CJG Bulletin, drafting and publishing the yearly Trinamul Barta (newsletter).
- Generate new and innovative ideas for effective implementation of project activities and sharing among the team members as well as different stakeholder levels.
- Taking initiatives to develop personal skills of group members as a leader and groups will revolve as a peoples’ organization to serve the community..
- Facilitate the team members (Facilitators, Community Organiners) to internalize different conceptual and methodological documents as well as its processes and operation.
- Provide accompaniment support to make the team members more confident in order to facilitate the groups.
- Assist team members to develop an effective action plan to implement the LRP-54 activities.
- Conduct needs assessment of the team members and take initiative to improve the capacity of gaps considering the LRP planning matrix.
- Conduct the staff performance appraisal as per HROD policy.
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by supervisor
Programme Officer will report to Programme Manager – LRP Implementation
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Understanding on community assessment, community mobilization and session facilitation skills and training delivery to community groups
- At least 3 years progressively responsible work experience in the area of participatory program planning, management, monitoring, sustainable agriculture, food rights, Livelihood development, climate change adaptation, Reflection-Action process and capacity building within a development organization/NGO
- Good communication skill in Bangla and English both oral and written
- Planning, supervision, implementation, and evaluation of community-based programme interventions on LRP
- Strong IT skills, including good knowledge of Excel
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data
- Knowledge on Child rights and protection
- Aware about culture and Gender sensibility
- Communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Confidence, interpersonal and representational skills and strong facilitation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
Last date of application is Wednesday, 13 April 2022. Due to emergency, recruitment will be on rolling. The interested candidates are requested to apply before deadlinePlease click here to submit your application.
Application Closing Date: 13 April 2022
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular
Job Category: NGO Jobs