ICT Specialist at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), established in 1863, works worldwide to provide humanitarian help for people affected by conflict and armed violence and to promote the laws that protect victims of conflict. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, it employs around 20,000 people in 100 countries; it is financed mainly by voluntary donations from Governments, National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. The ICRC Dhaka delegation is now looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated person for the following position:
|Starting date||:||As soon as possible|
|Contract Type||:||Fixed Term Contract (6 Months)|
Under the guidance and supervision of ICT Manager, ICT Specialist provides end user support, installation and maintenance of ICT systems/ services and perform the ICT administration tasks in the main delegation and also to sub-delegation when needed. S/he assists the ICT Manager in designing/ installing of ICT infrastructure and trainings.
- Provides workplace services and end user ICT support for any ICT services
- Installation and maintenance of servers, computers, standard ICRC software, printers, network elements, power equipment, ICT accessories, ICT services etc.
- Monitors existing ICT services and infrastructure are functional and running smoothly as per ICRC guidelines / policy / SLA
- Assists the supervisor in designing and installing ICT infrastructure
- Maintains and updates ICT stock and inventory
- Create guidelines and training materials
- Reports to direct superior all ICT activities and related problems
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT / Computer Science.
- Fluent command of English and moderate computer literacy.
- 5 years of similar kind of experience (preferable in International organization)
- Experience in ICT support service, networking, server management, inventory management, documentation is an asset.
- CCNA, ITIL, MCSA certification will be an asset
Personal qualities for the position:
- Excellent sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Ability to empathize to people who are in vulnerable situation in the country.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, respecting the established framework.
- Ability to define priorities.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a multicultural team environment & good communication skill.
- Team spirit and capacity to integrate a multidisciplinary approach.
- Ability to movement within different structures of delegation.
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation and benefits along with medical insurance and accidental coverage
- 13th months’ salary.
- In-house and/or external training
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in an international setting of humanitarian endeavour
How to apply:
- Apply on-line on the BDJOBS website
- Application Deadline: April 22. 2022
- Female and candidates with minority background are highly encouraged to apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All interesting profiles will be kept in a recruitment pipelines for future needs.
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular