Senior Officer – Health Information System at Save the Children Bangladesh
Senior Officer – Health Information System
Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for potential female candidates.
The Senior Officer – Health information System is responsible for maintaining health information systems database, analyzing, and preparing reports within stipulated timeline under the overall guidance of Technical Manager. S/he facilitates the data capturing process and validates data quality from project sites, as well as necessitates interaction with partners, health program and other internal staff, and beneficiary HHs based on the project needs. The role holder assists in overseeing the information management systems for health projects and remains accountable to generate reports based on the requested set of data feeds and/or to facilitate preparation of different types of reporting for diverse internal and external health and/or related project stakeholders. On a need basis, the incumbent may need to perform some operational management responsibilities, which include but not limited to, acting as the administrative focal point for clinical field teams. The position holder offers technical support, guidance, and capacity building support to the HIS team as well as to the partner staff.
Qualifications and experience
- 04 years of information management and reporting experience in health program/ projects including at least 01-year in humanitarian response context
- Excellent knowledge of health information management systems like DHIS2, data analysis, data protection, and data-driven report writing
- Good organizational skills to support physical documentation and archiving, reporting, and dissemination of information
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, especially for quantitative data management
- Functional command of MS Office Suite; familiarity with using SPSS/ STATA software
- Master’s degree, preferably in Statistics/ Computer Science/ Management Information Systems. Additional degree/ diploma/ certificate/ training/ coursework in Epidemiology, Public Health or relevant subjects will be highly preferred.
Contract type: Regular
Job location: Cox’s Bazar
No. of vacancies: 01 (One)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=220002D5
Application deadline: April 11, 2022
short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Job Source: Save the Children Career