Supply Chain Coordinator at International Rescue Committee (IRC), Bangladesh
- Time extension
- Country: Bangladesh
- Work Location: IRC-Bangladesh, Ukhiya Office
- Reporting to : Deputy Director of Operations
- Department: Operations
- Expected Start Date: At Earliest
- Contract length: 2 years (with possibility of extension subject to funding, program needs and performance of incumbent)
- The role is responsible for the management and delivery of effective supply chain (SC) support within Bangladesh program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. He/she is also responsible for growing and increasing performance quality throughout the SC team and ensuring partners` happiness by exercising service oriented practices. Key responsibilities include procurement, fleet, inventory, asset, and administration management.
- Overall Leadership – Supply Chain Management:
- Ensure Country Supply Chain strategy aligned with Bangladesh Strategy Action Plan.
- Ensure timely, responsive and compliant supply chain systems following IRC SOPs
- Oversee supply chain ongoing process in procurement, warehousing, asset management and fleet management and develop improvement strategy and systems for smooth operations.
- Analyze compliance risk in supply chain process, identifying red flags and implementing corrective action plans where required.
- Ensure supplier enlistment and all potential suppliers database are updated with background documents in IRC systems.
- Identify critical supply and services and initiate MPA/MSAs process.
- Make assessment of supply chain needs & issues for every new projects and provide inputs for budget and project proposal preparations.
- Track and manage contracts including renewal, management of terms and conditions and supplier relations to ensure business continuity and maximum value for IRC
- Provide technical oversight and management support of field facilities, equipment and vehicles to ensure safe, continuous operation in line with policies and procedures and to meet program needs
- Act as SC Compliance Focal Point; familiarize himself/ herself with various donor regulations related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc) and ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and donor policies, procedures and requirements
- Collaborate with the Finance department to ensure that internal controls established and fulfilled
- Work actively with Field Office Supply Chain staff and Field Coordinators/Managers to ensure countrywide uniformity of supply chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Take lead on optimum use of IRC resources, asset and inventories for the best interest of IRC programmes.
- Play an active role to support scale up of IRC’s operation in Bangladesh.
- Take lead on any IRC system deployment (i.e Integra, any ERP systems) and ensure necessary resources are in place.
- Ensure monthly Supply Chain reporting are done in a timely manner and monthly Operations Score Card is reviewed and appropriate actions are taken to achieve the targeted standards.
- Develop effective networking with log cluster and other agencies working in Cox’s Bazar zone.
- Procurement of Supplies (Goods & Services):
- Review Purchase Request Tracking Sheet (PRTS) and online SC Report on BvA regular basis to ensure availability of updated and accurate information.
- Ensure no ageing PR/POs remain in BVA system and have quality Supply Chain BVA reports are shared with CMT regularly.
- Act upon any delays in procurement or anomalies and provide regular communication and updates to requestors and budget holders
- Ensure procurement planning for all grants and consolidate procurements to support timely and cost effective provision goods and services by initiating process for contracted and verified suppliers
- Foster good planning practices and a high level of collaboration between program and supply chain departments by implementing regular staff satisfaction surveys and feedback mechanisms.
- Ensure supply chain and program departments are communicating effectively through regular in-person or web-based meetings and group texting
- Accountable for proper tracking of master agreements, contracts and leases on a monthly basis to ensure availability of up-to-date and accurate information; regularly share lease tracking sheet RSC and other relevant departments
- Lead all tendering processes including MPAs and MSAs and provide feedback and make sure that the policies and procedures of this function is complied.
- Ensure all QA responses are replied on time with accurate details
- Warehouse & Stock Management:
- Ensure effective management of IRC’s warehouse including cold chain for life saving medical supplies
- Manage stock data and tracking systems in accordance with IRC standard procedures and highlight long pending stocks, closed grants inventory and nearly expire stocks are managed in a well manner.
- Ensure receipt of goods are in good order as described on the purchase order & requisition ensuring relevant technical advice for receiving goods of specific technical nature
- Carry out regular physical cycle counts, stock reconciliation and report of any discrepancy to the management
- Ensure all health, safety and security precautions by all people involved in the warehouse
- Ensure the timely maintenance of the warehouse building (s) and all equipment related to safe warehouse keeping
- Carry out documented spot-checks of IRC warehouse(s) during field visits and provide recommendations for improvement
- Ensure cycle count reporting and yea-end physical counting are done on time and share monthly inventory reports with CMT and relevant budget holders on time.
- Asset Management:
- Manage asset inventory and tracking systems for all IRC assets in Bangladesh
- Conduct periodical and annual asset and property counting and report according to IRC procedures
- Keep track of all asset and equipment movements and updates asset and equipment register
- Prepare list of obsolete or unused asset and items for management decision and carryout the disposal accordingly
- Ensure all assets and IRC properties are maintained in a good working order and appropriate standard
- Produces asset and equipment reports as per IRC policy.
- Ensure the asset damage/ lost reports are kept and necessary disposal process are carried our following IRC SOP.
- Transport & Fleet Management:
- Ensure that office vehicles are checked daily and road worthy before any assignment
- Ensure that all vehicles assigned for IRC business adhere to IRC’s standard safety and security guidelines
- Ensure regular training and orientation of drivers on vehicle management, safety and security is conduct by fleet manager.
- Ensure the vehicles are hired following IRC standards and allocation of vehicles are done as shared cost method.
- Ensure vehicle tracking systems are well functional and vehicle movements are monitored and tracked through such tracking system.
- Budget/ Planning:
- Actively participate in grants meetings to provide effective support to programs. Work with Technical Coordinators and operations staff to develop and update procurement plans to ensure realistic lead times and delivery to meet program work plan timelines
- Contribute to the budget planning process, recommending logistics staffing levels, providing current costs for goods, facilities, and maintenance and support services
- Participate and advise on logistical feasibility (including budget aspect) of program proposals
- Review BVAs and monthly transaction list for operational costs to ensure correct coding
- Staff Management:
- Directly manage assigned Supply Chain staff ensuring day-to-day supply chain tasks are completed successfully and compliance standards are met. Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the Mid-Year and annual performance management system for all direct-report Supply Chain staff
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct”
- Develop/maintain the orientation material for Supply Chain department. Provide orientation to all new staff ensuring full understanding of roles, responsibilities and compliance issues
- As part of succession plan and nationalization goals, identify, train and develop capability and capacity of a national staff to successfully transition role and responsibilities, by end of assignment
- Training & Outreach:
- Compile and develop training and orientation materials and guides for IRC staff (and partners) related to SC areas
- Implement job and site-specific trainings to ensure that supply chain staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities
- Conduct customer surveys and put in place feedback mechanisms for internal (IRC staff) and external clients (vendors/contractors)
- Organize Supply Chain presentations for both program and operations staff on a regular basis.
- Travel to field sites to provide technical support to field offices
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled; support the recruitment of all supply chain staff and professional development training
- Conduct periodic supply chain workshops for IRC staff and partners
- Partner support and management:
- Compile and develop partner support plan along with IRC partnership terms.
- Be a part of partner assessment team and do review partner policies, documentations and practice to identify potential conflicts and risks.
- Prepare an action plan for partner capacity development and ensure prepare track of improvements.
- Ensure active engagement on partner level high value procurements and support partner to ensure donor compliance and transparent competitive process.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s in Supply Chain Management/ Business Management or related field
- Professional degree will be a plus
- At least 7 year(s)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience including at least 3 years in senior role i.e. leading and managing Supply Chain operations, preferably within an INGO setting.
- Demonstrated experience of working in complex humanitarian response (startup and scaling up) globally will get preference
- Proven experience of managing local, national and international procurements, warehouse and fleet management.
- Proven technical skills on managing partner regarding Supply Chain activities.
- Proven experience on planning, developing and facilitating training workshop on supply chain systems and SOP for staff capacity building.
- Bangladeshi candidate with international experience will be preferred.
- Excellent familiarity of NGOs and donor (US government, European, UN) policies and regulations.
- Good understanding of GoB’s relevant rules and regulations and tax systems
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of responsibilities
- Ability to function effectively in complex and high pressure work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous demands at short notice
- Flexibility and proven teammate with ability to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other organizations
- Ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring / capacity building of staff and commitment to staff training and development
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative. Ability to set example of leadership for staff in adherence to IRC management policies
- Computer skills: MS office
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Bangla and knowledge of Rohingya language will be considered as an added advantage.
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Gross Salary: BDT 242,528 (Per Month), Retention Benefits: 2 (Two) Basic salaries in a year, eligible after 6 months of service, Gratuity: As per Policy, Health and Life Insurance. Mobile Allowance: as per policy)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Published on: 5 Jun 2022
Vacancy: Not specific
Employment Status: Contractual
Experience: At least 7 year(s)
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Application Deadline: 14 Jun 2022
Application Deadline : 14 Jun 2022
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular